A politically-motivated indictment that sought to punish the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) for going undercover and exposing abortion provider Planned Parenthood’s illegal organ-trafficking activities, has officially been ruled invalid by a Texas judge, reports The Washington Free Beacon.
Harris County Judge Diane Bull dismissed a misdemeanor charge levied against CMP’s David Daleiden, after a grand jury out of Houston tried to claim back in January that he violated the law by pretending to negotiate prices for intact fetal remains with top-level Planned Parenthood executives.
Judge Bull called the indictment “defective,” noting that it failed to demonstrate that CMP in any way violated the law with its video series, which exposed Planned Parenthood for violating multiple federal laws prohibiting the harvesting and sale of aborted baby body parts.
CMP has long denied the charge against Daleiden, calling it “bogus.” And the man who issued it, District Attorney Devon Anderson, only did so as part of a “politically-motivated sham,” the group insists, designed as retaliation against CMP for unveiling the dark secrets of Planned Parenthood’s operations.
And Judge Bull’s decision, for all intents and purposes, seems to affirm this.
“An indictment’s failure to negate an exception is the same as its failure to allege an essential element of the offense; it renders the indictment void,” she wrote in her judgment. “The indictment’s failure to negate this exception renders it void.”
Why aren’t Planned Parenthood abortionists in prison for violating federal law?
Included in CMP’s undercover video footage are candid admissions by top Planned Parenthood officials about how the abortion provider carefully extracts intact baby body parts in such a way as to avoid damaging them, thus fetching top-dollar for their sale on the black market.
The deeply disturbing footage shows:
• Sandy Fulkerson, Training and Education Coordinator at the National Abortion Federation, discussing how both her colleagues and clients can financially benefit from a “group purchase program” for aborted baby body parts at abortion trade shows.
• Dr. Jennefer Russo, Medical Director of Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties in California, referring to aborted baby body parts as “fetal products” available for sale in a catalogue-type format.
• Melissa Farrell, Director of Research at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, admitting that the abortion provider charges thousands of dollars for baby body parts in violation of federal law.
• Dr. Amna Dermish, 2nd-Trimester Abortion Provider at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, casually discussing how abortionists are taught how to extract vital organs like kidneys, hearts and brains from dead babies without damaging the tissue.
• Deb VanDerhei, National Director of the Consortium of Abortion Providers (CAPS), explaining how many abortion clinics “generate a fair amount of income” illegally selling aborted baby body parts, but that publicly admitting to this “would be a disaster.”
CMP has already posted at least 11 videos – with many more on the way – showing these and other abortion industry officials essentially admitting that Planned Parenthood routinely violates federal law. And yet not a single one of these women is in prison, despite indisputable evidence that the nation’s largest abortion provider is corrupt.