1. Helps Digestion – Prunes are high in fiber, which you need to avoid hemorrhoids brought on by constipation. Chronic constipation is a common problem in older adults and can be caused by pelvic floor dysfunction or medication side effects. It can also be a painful problem for infants. Prune juice acts as a laxative thanks to its high sorbitol content, so ask your doctor if it’s right for you.
2. Controls the Urge – An overactive bladder can be embarrassing to deal with, but adding fiber to your diet can help. Oftentimes, constipation from lack of fiber can have a negative effect on bladder function and increase the frequency of urination. Cleveland Clinic recommends taking two tablespoons of the following mixture every morning to help you regulate your bowels:
3. Provides a Good Source of Iron – Anemia occurs when the body doesn’t have sufficient healthy red blood cells, which iron helps to make. Shortness of breath, irritability, and fatigue are all signs of mild anemia. Prune juice is a great source of iron and can help prevent and treat iron deficiency.
4. Builds Bones and Muscles – According to studies, dried prunes are an important source of the mineral boron. Boron can help build strong bones and muscles. It may also help with improving mental acuity and muscle coordination. It even has some potential as a treatment for osteoporosis, but more research is needed on that front.
5. Reduces Plaque Buildup – Plaque build up in the arteries causes atherosclerosis, a narrowing of the arteries, which can result in a shortage of oxygen and blood to the tissues of the body. If left untreated, this can lead to heart failure, stroke, and heart attack. Fortunately, research suggests that dried prunes may help slow the development of atherosclerosis. Scientists have shown that eating prunes and drinking prune juice can significantly reduce blood pressure.
6. Regulates Food Intake – Dried plums can help you manage your weight by keeping you feeling full for longer. One study found that eating dried plums as a snack can suppress hunger for longer than a low-fat cookie. But be aware that one cup of juice has about 175 calories, which can add up if you drink enough throughout the day.
7. Cleanses the tongue and gums, strengthens the gums.
*Let Love Be Your Intention.
*From Heart to Heart, KejRaj